Database options / workaround ?

Added by Günter Meier almost 2 years ago

Hi everybody,

we want to use HALE for Schema mapping (from SQL Server into INSPIRE). Since there is no HALE plug-in (yet) for SQL Server, I thought about a possible workaround: After exporting the data from SQL Server to SpatiaLight I could do the mapping using HALE and after successfully saving the data in SpatiaLight importing it back into our SQL Server database.

Do you think this could be an alternative workaround until there will be a usable HALE plug-in for SQL Server?

Thanks for your help!
Günter

Replies (5)

RE: Database options / workaround ? - Added by Simon Templer almost 2 years ago

Hi Günter,

you can do a mapping from SpatiaLite to SpatiaLite, but you need to prepare a SpatiaLite file first that has the schema you intend to use for the target files.
I suppose you have a solution that can provide INSPIRE services based on your SQL Server database? Can you tell which software that is? Does it build on a specific database schema for that?

Best,
Simon

RE: Database options / workaround ? - Added by Günter Meier almost 2 years ago

Hi Simon,

our services are running on ArcGIS Server (in-house), but for security matters we are using ows proxy from of another authority (Landesamt für Geoinformation / Ba.-Wü.). Our data is based on ESRI / .sde / 10.4.0 Geodatabase.

Regards,
Günter

Hi Günter,

so you would be using ArcGIS for INSPIRE for publishing services?
Then I guess the first step to trying that approach would be to export the ArcGIS for INSPIRE database schema for an INSPIRE theme to SpatiaLite.

Best,
Simon

RE: Database options / workaround ? - Added by Günter Meier almost 2 years ago

Hi Simon,

for publishing the services we use the ArcGIS Server Manager. We do not use "ArcGIS for INSPIRE".

(I don't know if an export/import from SQL Server to SpatiaLite will work. Until now it was just an idea.)

Regards,
Günter

Hi Günter,

I think then the first step for validating your approach would be looking at how you can publish complex feature based services using ArcGIS Server Manager - and what the respective database model must look like. You could do that for one or two of the INSPIRE themes you want to support as proof of concept regarding the services. Then the requirements regarding the transformation should also be clearer.

Right now HALE users that want to created INSPIRE download services most often map to the INSPIRE GML application schemas and then use that either in Atom Feed based download services or pass it to deegree for serving WFS.

Best,
Simon

(1-5/5)