Error "Could not resolve module: eu.esdihumboldt.cst.functions.groovy" running HALE 3.0 from command line

Added by Stefania Morrone almost 2 years ago

Hi,

On Windows 10 (64 bit) we are trying to run HALE 3.0 from commandline using the following

java -Xmx1024m -Dcache.level1.enabled=false -Dcache.level1.size=0 -Dcache.level2.enabled=false -Dcache.level2.size=0 -jar plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.100.v20150511-1540.jar -application hale.transform –project C:\Users\Stefania\GN_HALE_commandLine\GN.halez –source C:\Users\Stefania\GN_HALE_commandLine\ GN.GeographicalNames.shp -Sskip true -target C:\Users\Stefania\GN_HALE_commandLine\GN.gml -reportsOut C:\Users\Stefania\GN_HALE_commandLine\GN.log

but we get following error message

"!ENTRY eu.esdihumboldt.cst.functions.groovy 4 0 2016-12-07 17:09:03.445
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: eu.esdihumboldt.cst.functions.groovy [431]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: eu.esdihumboldt.hale.common.instance.orient; resolution:="optional"-> Export-Package: eu.esdihumboldt.hale.common.instance.orient; bundle-symbolic-name="eu.esdihumboldt.hale.common.instance.orient"; bundle-version="3.0.0.release"; version="0.0.0" eu.esdihumboldt.hale.common.instance.orient [458]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: eu.esdihumboldt.hale.common.align.transformation.service
-> Export-Package: eu.esdihumboldt.hale.common.align.transformation.service; bundle-symbolic-name="eu.esdihumboldt.hale.common.align"; bundle-version="3.0.0.release"; version="0.0.0" ..."

Could you help?
Thank you
Stefania

Replies (5)

RE: Error "Could not resolve module: eu.esdihumboldt.cst.functions.groovy" running HALE 3.0 from command line - Added by Simon Templer almost 2 years ago

Hi Stefania,

which Java version are you using? Java 8 is required in hale 3 - might be that the error stems from some bundles not being resolved for that reason.

Best,
Simon

RE: Error "Could not resolve module: eu.esdihumboldt.cst.functions.groovy" running HALE 3.0 from command line - Added by Stefania Morrone almost 2 years ago

Ciao Simon,
I am using Java 8 update 74 (build 1.8.0_74-b02).
Maybe you can suggest another update?

RE: Error "Could not resolve module: eu.esdihumboldt.cst.functions.groovy" running HALE 3.0 from command line - Added by Simon Templer almost 2 years ago

Ciao Stefania,

no, if you are using Java 8 that should be sufficient, no specific update needed.

I think the error message you posted was truncated, I might be able to say more if you can provide the full message/log (maybe as a file uploaded here).

Alternatively you can also try the hale-cli project (Download here). As described in the help the start of the call is a bit different, but the main arguments for running the transformation are the same:

hale transform <arguments...>

For instance:

bin/hale transform -project C:\Users\Stefania\GN_HALE_commandLine\GN.halez -source C:\Users\Stefania\GN_HALE_commandLine\GN.GeographicalNames.shp -target C:\Users\Stefania\GN_HALE_commandLine\GN.gml -providerId eu.esdihumboldt.hale.io.gml.writer -reportsOut C:\Users\Stefania\GN_HALE_commandLine\GN.log

RE: Error "Could not resolve module: eu.esdihumboldt.cst.functions.groovy" running HALE 3.0 from command line - Added by Stefania Morrone almost 2 years ago

Please find attached the log files(my transformation one and the hale cli one). Before writing the post yesterday, I had also tried the hale-cli project and got the same " Could not resolve module: eu.esdihumboldt.cst.functions.groovy" message.

Thanks a lot for your support
Stefania

hale-cli.zip (104.4 kB)

GN_logs.zip (104 kB)

Ciao Stefania,

from the logs I can see that it is not the issue with the Java version, but when I look at the problems described there. Basically the problem seems to be that the two versions of the ASM libraries that are used are conflicting. But when I look at my local installation of hale studio 3.0.0 everything looks ok there regarding the . I also can run it locally w/o issues, so I am afraid I have no idea right now why this would fail on your system.

Regarding the hale-cli project I think there is a misunderstanding. It is not running the HALE executable that comes with hale studio. It is a different thing (download see above) and as it does not run an OSGi environment you can't run into the same problem as with hale studio. So I would advise you to download hale-cli and try it with that.

Best,
Simon

(1-5/5)