Using FT GeologicCollection

Added by Heiko Zumsprekel about 2 years ago

Dear all,

i have a geological map consisting of two data sets: one for the lithology (polygon layer) and one showing tectonic features (polyline layer). Transforming to the INSPIRE Hydrogeology Schema works very fine for each layer with the Feature Type "Mapped Feature". Finally, I would like to combine the two data sets into the Feature Type "GeologicCollection" which is designed to enable features which comprise a higher level object, such as a geological map or a borehole exploration programme, to be grouped together. Unfortunately I can only load one source schema / data set, so I am stuck at this point.

Thank you very much in advance for any help on this topic.

Regards,

Heiko

Replies (2)

RE: Using FT GeologicCollection - Added by Thorsten Reitz about 2 years ago

Dear Heiko,

in hale, it is possible to load schemas and data for multiple files, e.g. multiple shapefiles, or combinations with different formats, such as a shapefile and a Geodatabase. Let me know what you're specifically trying to load, maybe I can help.

To combine the layers loaded from different sources, you can use the "Join" operation. For creation of the collection objects as they are typical in many INSPIRE schemas, you can also use a so-called collector in a groov script function. That's a bit advanced, and I'd need more informaiton on how the transformation project looks like before I can advise in detail.

All the best,

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Reitz
Founder

E-Mail:
Web: www.wetransform.to

wetransform GmbH
Fraunhoferstr. 5
64283 Darmstadt

RE: Using FT GeologicCollection - Added by Simon Templer about 2 years ago

Hi,

if the remark regarding multiple source schemas is related to XML Schemas, then it is true, you can only load one XML Schema source right now. This is due to the fact that multiple XML Schemas may very likely have interrelations that should be resolved together.

You can however easily circumvent that by creating a small schema file that imports all XML Schemas you might want to include. See the hale help here for an example (Section Deal with multiple XML schemas)

Best,
Simon

(1-2/2)